Goodbye Dictionary Hill, Hola Casa Johnston de Asuncion

 
    Goodness, the last few months have been crazy.  From the moment our house went on the market, things have been a whirlwind.  There is absolutely no doubt we timed this decision very well.  After our house had been listed for 3 days, we received 4 offers, all above asking price.  Once we accepted the offer, I was amazed how everything just fell in line.  The inspection went well.  The appraisal came in right where it needed to be.  Little by little we sold most everything that needed to be sold (though that came down to the wire).  We sold my beloved car.   Thanks to the people in our neighborhood that took things from our growing "free pile" in the driveway.  ðŸ˜€
                 I don’t have words to thank Zac (and the kids) for all they’ve done to prepare for this move.  Moving is never easy, but moving 600 miles away, in another country, and being able to take ONLY what can fit in our Tacoma is another thing.  Over that past month, Zac, Gabriel and Mikayla have traveled 2,400 miles taking down our possessions to our Baja casita.  In retrospect, I think all 3 of them could agree that the time they had together was very special, and I could see a different bond form between them all.  Additionally, I’ve seen both Mikayla and Gabriel step up and mature.  I’m so proud of them!


    So yesterday, June 15th we left our Dictionary Hill home.  My mom, who knows I can be very
emotional, asked if I cried when we left.  That home was absolutely the favorite place I’ve ever lived out of the 14 places I’ve lived (yes, I counted!)  I valued every sunset and every sunrise.  I can’t say that I have lived in a place where I have had as amazing neighbors as I did in Dictionary Hill.  But did I cry?  I didn’t.  I smiled and continue to be thankful for each and every moment we spent in the house- even the wacky memories, to which there were many.  (Perhaps that’s another post?)  I am very optimistic about our future. 
 
I love our Baja house in a different way.  For the past 14 years, It’s been our happy place, our vacation place.  When COVID first hit, we knew it was where we needed to be.  However, the house has always been filled with leftovers, hand-me-downs.  I’m so excited to make this house more our own. We still have some trips to make with more of our possessions that are in storage, but I’m so excited to fill the house with our paintings, with the kid’s favorite belongings.  We have a lot of projects in the works to continue to make the house just exactly they way we want it.  And I’m looking forward to doing just that for the next couple months.



Comments

Wonderful words! Dictionary Hill definitely is a special place with wonderful people. And yes please do elaborate about the shenanigans...I'll pull up a couch!

Popular posts from this blog

Adios Hurricane Kay

Hurricane Kay 10:40 am Update

Hurricane Kay 8am Update