My Experience with the Move as of Now Week 3 By: Gabriel Johnston

 Monday, June 28, 2021


This past week was definitely filled with things to do, while being relaxing at the same time. We started on Tuesday morning by going on a hike with the family. After that, we mainly did a bit more unpacking and small projects. I have been reading on most of the days we unpack as for the most part I am unpacked and I am happy with how my room is. 

Wednesday my father and I went on a bike ride. We started packing for our upcoming trip. We would be going to Ensenada for a wedding in the Valle de Guadalupe and would stay till Sunday. After packing we went to the beach and had hamburgers.

Thursday, I was up by 5:30 and we were almost ready. Once I was dressed we only needed to put the pets in the back. Zeus (my dog), was so confused when we left him and the cat back there. We were now on the road and not much happened while we were driving. When we got to the hotel, I was shocked with many things like how small the elevator was, the lack of outlets in the room and how small the room felt. Not to mention many other quirks like having one towel, and only having one bottle of water. Then we went to meet a friend for dinner and went to the pool. 


Friday, we started by  going to the lobby for breakfast. Afterwards, we hopped in the car and headed to the states. We thought that we should go to the US to get groceries, pick up our mail, and empty our storage unit a bit because we were right by the border anyways. We were back by 3:00, and went to the pool for a solid four hours. 

Saturday was a busy day. After breakfast, we went to the pool for an hour, then came back to our room and my parents left to go to a meeting for residency. The man they met said that before we could apply for residency we would need to wait a year so we will see next year. When they came back we were short on time as the shuttle was leaving in twenty minutes for the wedding. We got all dressed up and left very slowly. There was a bike race that day which caused us to arrive  late, but when we got there the ceremony started and then it was time to party.


Once the ceremony came to an end, we met up with Mario and hung out with his family. Mario’s daughter and Mika were taken to the kids table to play but I stuck around with the adults. As we walked around, my parents noticed that a girl was checking me out but nothing came of that. As we went back to the table, we ordered drinks, which would be the first of many. Nothing much happened until around 7:00. That is when the dance floor was open and we moved to the front. At this point I was tired but still awake. 

My mother and I did a bit of dancing but by 8:30 I was starting to get really tired. Mario started playing around an hour later but I did  it catch much of it as I was sleeping on a couch. I woke up around 11:30 and everyone was tired. We started walking around and saying good-bye to everyone as the shuttle would leave soon. Once we got on the bus I was out. I barely remember getting on the bus and going to bed as I was that tired. 

On Sunday after eating, we went to the roof to get one more swim in and then left. We were on the road by 11:30 which was super early. We stopped for an early dinner at 3:00 then left. We got to the hotel at around 5:00 and chilled until we went to bed.

This morning, we were up at 5:30 to start driving. We were all really missing the dog and were anxious to see him. Once we arrived back in town, we saw our dog laying down on the porch and when he saw us he was so excited. As my family unpacked, I was talking to our electrician, but later helped. Then, I started unpacking and started writing this blog.

 This week was really fun. The pool sections were fun and so was the wedding. I am thinking that next week will finally start slowing down but who knows.  But this has been Gabriel, see you next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adios Hurricane Kay

Hurricane Kay 10:40 am Update

Hurricane Kay 8am Update