Hurricane Kay 10:40 am Update


 The wind is still blowing hard out of the east.  I am sensing we won't get hit as bad as expected.  But with that said, the brunt of the storm is coming.  I know there will be extensive damage around town and to the roads.  From what I can see from our place, the erosion of the roads is not too bad yet but the bulk of the rain is still to come.


We have moderate leaking in our house but not too bad.  Having Starlink has been great.  The kids are watching videos and building Lego while Tracy is busy creating lesson plans.  As long as the power stays on, we are in good shape.


I wanted to point out a few things that have really helped us weather this storm.  First off, I created a few makeshift rain gutters.  I did this to collect water from fog and drizzle.  But it's really helped us out as I empty the rain collection containers and this has minimized water building up from saturation.



I also bought some rain barrier bags.  They expand when wet and then channel the water to a recently installed drain.  

And finally, our new construction is acting like a big wall protecting us from the strong east winds.  My office is pretty wet as water is coming in from a window and seeping in via the block walls.  But it's not a big deal as the floors are tile.

Now with that said, the winds are due to come from the south later this afternoon and that is when I expect the house to be rocking and rolling.  Right now it's very quiet and relaxed in the house.


After the big winds die down, we'll drive around town and provide a report.

That is all for now.

Familia Bajaboy




Comments

bamboobutterflyfoster@google.com said…
Good to see you are good spirits.
Haley C. said…
I'm grateful for your updates, and hoping Mom's house fares well, too. Happy your home and family are weathering the storm.

~Sis
Anonymous said…
Cuidense mucho saludos de CV Dania & Arturo .
Dr.Zhivago said…
You’re in my prayers! Hugs to the kids!
Dr. Zhivago

Love your Blog BTW! What adventures!

Popular posts from this blog

Adios Hurricane Kay

Hurricane Kay 8am Update