My Experience with the Move as of Now Week 4 By: Gabriel Johnston

 Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Before I start, I wanted to address the reason I have not posted the past two Mondays. The reason is that there was not much interest. I have found that as things have slowed down, it would be smarter to write when things of interest occur and that is what I will do.

Monday, July 5, 2021

We had invited some of our friends over and we gave them some of our beer. We thought that our beer was average, nothing to get excited about. But everyone seemed to like it a lot. Later some of our neighbors came by and also really liked it. We were not sure what the reaction to our artisanal beer would be but it was a good sign that it was well received.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

My father and I woke up early that morning as we were heading back to the states. We were recently informed that our new license plates had arrived and we decided that my father and I would head down. We decided to get a hotel in Ensenada that my parents had stayed at in the past. After a quick dinner at one of our favorite breweries in Ensenada, we went to the hotel, swam in the pool for a little then went to bed.


Friday, July 9, 2021

Once again we were up early. We had left the hotel by 6:00 and were on the road. On the way, we stopped at a nice coffee shop, and a burrito stand. We were at the border at 8:20 and it was our longest Sentry wait, 20 minutes (though we expected that). Once we crossed we went shopping, went to storage, went to the bank, and to our mail service. Why this trip was so important is that we had emptied out storage. This meant that we did not need to come to the states anymore besides our mail and it was an extra 100 dollars in our pocket every month. Then, we crossed the border went to eat, I got Ice-Cream, and then went to bed.

Besides that, there was not much that I remember going on. I am excited to finally have all our stuff here as it really makes this house feel like ours. But until next time this has been Gabriel, see you next time!


Comments

Paulina said…
I enjoy reading your journal entries and look forward to the next one.
Haley C. said…
I am so happy you and your family are settling in well, Gabriel -- thanks for writing about your experience!

I'm also happy that I was able to come visit and have dinner with everyone last week, and hope to see you all again when I'm back, sometime in August.

Much love to you!
~Aunt Haley

Popular posts from this blog

Adios Hurricane Kay

Hurricane Kay 10:40 am Update

Hurricane Kay 8am Update