Curveball-PCT 50

Well, this will be short and sweet. Today, three days before race day, I received word that the race might be postponed. Unfortunately, a military helicopter went down on the PCT course, killing two people, and littering the area with explosives. While I'll admit I was a bit bummed, I kept going back to the fact that two people lost their lives. Move on, I told myself.

Later in the day, though, I got word that the race would go on. It now would be run on the San Diego 100 course. Cool, I thought to myself, as I have run much of this course and feel comfortable on it. I think it is a bit tougher but also a bit cooler with more to look at. And, much more run-able with about 6200 ft of elevation gain. Here is a course profile.

I reserved a camp spot at Paso Picacho State Campground which also happens to be an aid station. Let's get it on already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adios Hurricane Kay

Hurricane Kay 8am Update

Hurricane Kay 10:40 am Update